Welcome to London's largest sixth form college
NewVIc offers a friendly, welcoming environment and outstanding support, for all its students.
Our staff offer dedicated support to ensure students feel encouraged, inspired and able to achieve their personal goals.
Over 700 NewVIc students’ progress to courses at university each year, this is far above the average for sixth form colleges. NewVIc has seen an upward trend in the number of students securing places at the most competitive institutions including the Russell Group and 1994 Group of universities.
We want all students to enjoy their time at NewVIc and achieve the best they can and be part of a diverse and vibrant student population.
What’s it like to study here?
“The best thing about being at NewVIc is the vast range of opportunities that have been open to me. Not only are the facilities and study resources excellent, there is always so much to get involved in”.
Deepika Bangarh age 18, studying A-level mathematics, further mathematics, physics and computing.
“My tutor in particular has really made me broaden my horizons, and explore different ideas about what I want to achieve and aim for after college”.
Carolyn Lawson age 17, studying AS-level accounting, business studies and the financial services IFS certificate.
What’s on offer?
NewVIc offers a wide range of courses at all levels from foundation learning to
A-levels and level 2 and 3 vocational programmes.
The college offers:
- Specialist pathways in psychology, economics, law, humanities, medicine and TAMES (Technology, Architecture, mathematics, Engineering and Science) for A-level students keen to progress to these competitive fields.
- a choice of over 50 A-level and subsidiary diplomas
- level 2 and level 3 vocational programmes in applied science, accounting, art and design, creative media production, music production, performing arts, sport, construction and the built environment, mechanical/electronic engineering, business, IT, travel and tourism, health and social care and childcare
- foundation learning courses from Entry Level 1 to 3 and level 1 Horizon programme.
- The college welcomes applications from learners who may require additional learning support and will make reasonable adjustments to accommodate needs whenever possible.