Level 3 UAL Diploma/Extended Diploma Creative Media Production and Technology
Our media course offers you the opportunity to develop your theoretical and practical skills needed for the industry. On this full-time course you will work on a variety of practical projects including Animation, Design, music videos, Advertising Production, Filmmaking, TV Production and Photography, as well as completing theory units such as Research and Film Studies.
Level 3 UAL Diploma/Extended Diploma
Diploma: one year, Extended Diploma: two years
Four or more GCSEs, (grades A*-C) including English Language or Mathematics (grade 9-5). Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics, and a grade C in one other subject. In some circumstances, improved performance in Functional Skills may be accepted where a GCSE has not yet been achieved.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- Animation and Film Production
- structure and analysis of the media industry
- design using software packages including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects
- Advertising, TV, Radio and Magazine and Print industries
- Photography, page layout and design
On the course you will:
- create a range of Digital Media solutions through a variety of projects
- make your own film products
- make posters, title sequences, animations and web pages
- research current industry practices and visit TV studios and screenings
- develop your communication skills
- be offered opportunities for work-based learning and work experience
Method of assessment
You will be internally assessed throughout the duration of this programme. Assessment is through practical projects. You will be expected to create a portfolio of Photography and Design work and a showreel of moving image work.
What will I be able to progress to?
A variety of options will be open to you after completing this course. This is an ideal programme if you plan to study Photography, Art, Graphics, Design Filmmaking, Advertising or Media courses at university. You may also wish to move straight into employment in various areas such as Advertising, Film and TV production, Desktop Publishing, Digital Media Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, Photography, Events Management, Marketing and Journalism.
All high-achieving media students are eligible to sign up for NVM, our media production company scheme, and are able to work on professional briefs in a variety of production roles including photography, writing, filming, editing, interviewing, directing, producing and design.