Level 3 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate Business
This programme is designed to provide a broad educational basis for training, higher education or employment within the business sector. It is especially suitable for self-motivated students who enjoy completing coursework.
Level 3 BTEC Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma
BTEC Certificate: one year, Subsidiary Diploma: two years.
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
What will I study?
The full course consists of units including:
- exploring business activity
- investigating business resources
- effective people, communication and information
On the course you will:
- develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to progress in business
- understand the different activities of businesses
- examine how businesses fit into the wider community
Method of assessment
Assessment is entirely through internally assessed coursework. There are no examinations.
What will I be able to progress to?
Combined with other advanced level options, this subject will prepare you to progress to university to complete a degree in Business or a related area such as Finance, Management or Economics. You may also choose to move straight to employment in the Business sector.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Extended Certificate is equivalent to an A-level.