Gifted and talented students
NewVIc is an excellent choice for gifted and talented students aiming to progress to highly competitive universities and courses. If you come to NewVIc you join a college with an inclusive atmosphere that offers you specific support to get you where you want to go.
Before you join us
You will be offered specialist advice at events in partnership with universities and employers to help you learn more about what is needed for competitive careers and the support NewVIc offers.
You will be able to choose from our broad range of subjects enabling you to select a course that most challenges and motivates you.
You will be given specialist guidance by the college on the subjects that are preferred by the most competitive universities for your choice of degree.
You can opt to choose one of the specialist pathways designed to support you into competitive university courses and careers.
During your studies
You will benefit from:
- teaching that will stretch and challenge you
- subject-specific activities such as the maths challenge
- the opportunity to participate in lectures and a residential at the University of Oxford as part of the Pembroke scheme
- a broad Activ8 enrichment programme providing opportunities to develop the skills that top universities look for in applicants through activities including talks from prestigious speakers, a debating society, how best to present yourself, cultural talks and visits
- opportunities to take leadership roles, such as becoming involved in the student union and
- the opportunity to visit Russell Group universities
- mentoring from former NewVIc students
- an outstanding programme of support for UCAS applications from the start of your application in your first year right through to your final placement after your results. This includes specific support for applying for competitive degrees and practice interviews.