Supporting your child through the application process
NewVIc’s application process starts in November and applications are normally accepted until April of the following year. Some courses are very popular and fill up quickly so please encourage your son or daughter to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The application process is straightforward and NewVIc’s friendly advice and guidance team are able to assist with any queries.
- Read the prospectus and the website to find out more about the courses on offer. You and your child can attend our Open Day and talk to staff and students about courses to ensure your son or daughter is making the right decision.
- Your child should complete their application, either on a paper form or online. Your child’s school will be required to complete the reference section for them.
- Your child will be interviewed by a member of the NewVIc team (either at their school or at the college). This is a formal interview so please encourage your child to dress smartly and prepare themselves by getting their progress file, or examples of their work, ready to bring with them and by thinking about the questions they may be asked and those that they would like to ask their interviewer. If your child receives an offer to study at the college they will receive a letter from us confirming this offer. As we have thousands of applications for the places available we ask that students accept their offer as soon as posible. If they do not accept their offer it will be withdrawn so the place can be given to another student.
- Your son or daughter will be invited to attend the Summer induction where your child has a chance to settle in to college life before September. It takes place in late June or early July, after GCSE exams. It provides an opportunity for new students to meet their tutor, teachers and classmates, start their chosen course and find out about the clubs and activities run at the college. All students who have accepted their place must attend this induction as it is their first day at the college.
- In August your child must enrol at the college. They will be sent a letter confirming which day to attend and what they need to bring with them.
To find out more about your son or daughter becoming a student at NewVIc click here
If you would like any further information or advice during the application process please contact a member of our dedicated advice and guidance team on 020 7473 4110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org