Taking part in work experience can help you to:
- develop and practice a range of new skills
- relate their college studies to the workplace
- make informed decisions about their future
- add value to their university or job applications
- work as part of a team
- develop a realistic idea of the rewards and demands of work.
“The placement helped me get more accustomed to the practical side of engineering. I was able to see how the knowledge I have learnt on my course is being put to use by engineers on a daily basis.
I am really grateful to the work experience team for providing me with the opportunity to work in such an environment.”
(ex-Westminster City School)
Njabulo, age 18, studying level 3 BTEC extended diploma in electrical engineering completed a two-week placement at Halfords Autocentre in Ilford.