Professional Construction Programme
NewVIc Professionals Level 3 Extended Diploma (BTEC)
Four or more 9-4 grades at GCSE.
- English Language (minimum 4)
- Maths (minimum 4)
Gain a technical qualification with a career development plan and a work placement.
The NewVIc Professionals is a BTEC technical qualification plus a career development plan and a 50-day industry placement with an employer.
You will achieve a Level 3 technical qualification, essential industry skills and work experience that will support your application into university, an apprenticeship or work.
Through theory and practical activities, you will gain an understanding of the different professions and skills involved in this industry.
The course will focus on:
- civil engineering, building construction, surveying and project management
- architecture, planning, design and the preparation and use of technical drawings
- design of the built environment
- creating the built environment
- value and use of the built environment
- numeracy, communication and ICT skills
On the course you will:
- complete a project on a related topic of your choice
- benefit from work experience and site visits
- develop your research skills
- advance your technical knowledge
- have a chance to be mentored by a professional working in the sector
Method of assessment
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
Enhanced employability and knowledge in Health and Safety (CSCS), Building Information Modelling (BIM) and AutoCAD.
More courses like this:
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What will I be able to progress to?
The Extended Diploma will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to progress to university, further training or employment. This may be within the broad sector of construction, civil engineering or architecture. Alternatively, you might choose to use your transferable skills in a different area.