Professional Construction Programme
L3 Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment.
You’ll need 4 or more GCSEs (grade 9-4) including the minimum grade 5 in maths and a 4 in English for the Professional Construction programme.
The professional programme is a 2 year course with a blend of technical in-class study and career development combined with a 50-day work placement. You’ll need to be able to start at Level 3, commit for the full 2-year period and be prepared for professional development in a real work environment. The entry requirements are 4 or more GCSEs (grade 9-4) including the minimum grade in Maths and English (see below) for the specific professional programmes
Through theory and practical activities, you will gain an understanding of the different professions and skills involved in this industry.
The course will focus on:
- civil engineering, building construction, surveying and project management
- architecture, planning, design and the preparation and use of technical drawings
- design of the built environment
- creating the built environment
- value and use of the built environment
- numeracy, communication and ICT skills
On the course you will:
- complete a project on a related topic of your choice
- benefit from work experience and site visits
- develop your research skills
- advance your technical knowledge
- have a chance to be mentored by a professional working in the sector
Method of assessment
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
Enhanced employability and knowledge in Health and Safety (CSCS), Building Information Modelling (BIM) and AutoCAD.
More courses like this:
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
What will I be able to progress to?
The Extended Diploma will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to progress to university, further training or employment. This may be within the broad sector of construction, civil engineering or architecture. Alternatively, you might choose to use your transferable skills in a different area.