NewVIc Honours Programme
Join the NewVIc Honours Programme for gifted and talented students.
NewVIc is an excellent choice for gifted and talented students aiming to progress to highly competitive universities and courses.
In 2017 96 of these students secured places at Russel Group Universities.
32% of all A level entries achieved A* - B grades.
Increase in A* grades on the previous year across Maths, Sociology, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology.
What is the Honours Programme?
The NewVIc Honours Programme provides specialist guidance, a tailored curriculum and enrichment opportunities to support progression to elite universities.
The UK’s leading universities have demanding entrance requirements and strong competition for places. The Honours Programme will help you to develop as a student, and provide you with a range of experience to make your application stand out above the rest.
You will receive specialist guidance from the college on the subjects preferred by the most competitive universities for your choice of degree.
HONOURS PROGRAMME ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- The Wad-ham programme – a unique two year study programme in partnership with the University of Oxford that includes seminars led by Oxford lecturers.
- Be inspired on a three-day study skills residential at Oxford over Easter where you have the opportunity to apply for the Oxford Classics Summer School. Enjoy cultural trips to museums, theatres and art galleries.
- The Liberal Arts programme – regular lectures at NewVIc from leading academics.
- The opportunity to obtain an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) – an independent research project culminating in a 5,000 word essay.
- This will deepen your knowledge of your chosen subject and demonstrate yourresearch skills when applying to university.
- Workshops, lectures and mentoring programmes – run by selective universities
The UK’s leading universities have demanding entrance requirements and there is very strong competition for places. Getting involved in these Honours Programme opportunities will help you to develop as a student, and provide you with a range of experience to make your application stand out above the rest.
Who can join the Honours Programme
Both A-level and BTEC level 3* applicants are eligible to join. An average GCSE point score of 6.5 or higher is required, including at least a grade B in English language and mathematics.
Learn more about our Honours Programme pathways
Find out more
NewVIc runs advice sessions for potential
Honours students. If you or your parents/
guardians would like to know more,
please email email@example.com or call
020 7473 4110 (option 3).
In addition some subjects and programmes require you to achieve certain grades for specific subjects at GCSE. For more information please refer to the individual course description pages. Please also be aware that entry requirements are subject to review and will be confirmed at interview.