Arts Award is a unique qualification that supports students to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form - from fashion to theatre, music to digital art.
Offered at three levels - Bronze, Silver and Gold. Young peopl get to :
- discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in any art form
- develop their creativity and leadership skills
- learn new skills and share them with others
- get to work with or experience working with creative arts professionals
- gain experience and knowledge to progress into further education and employment.
To achieve the Arts Award, you will take on challenges in a chosen art form, participate in creative arts activities, experience creative arts events, get inspired by artists and share your arts skills with others.
You will create a portfolio of evidence to keep a record of your creative journey. Along the way you are supported by an Arts Award adviser acting as assessor, facilitator and mentor.
Ex-Barking Abbey School
Studied A Levels in Fine Art (B), Film Studies (B) and Product Design (C)
"Being an Arts Award student has inspired me to get more involved with the art world and enter competitions. I was chosen to represent NewVIc in the ARTiculation competition, a public speaking competition on the subject of art and architecture. This has been one of my greatest achievements."