Diploma in Personal Progress
Entry Level 1
There are no specific entry requirements, but students need to be able to take part in group work and to have learnt some basic skills such as counting. Applications to the course must be made with the assistance of your careers adviser and school and be supported by an Education Care & Health Plan (ECHP). Applicants will be invited for a practical assessment at the college. Parents and school will be contacted to assist with information that will inform the application process. Successful applicants later take part in an introduction to the course before the summer holidays.
This course is designed specifically for students with moderate to severe learning difficulties who may also have disabilities. It supports students to develop the skills needed to live a more independent life and to move on to a further entry level course. If you would like to learn more skills in a supported environment, then this course might suit you.
What will I study?
THE COURSE WILL FOCUS ON:
- practical skills and creative activities
- personal, social and health education
- communicating with others and using computers independent and group project work
- units including meal preparation and basic numeracy
ON THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- take part in cookery and other practical life skills
- improve your skills in communication, numeracy and ICT
- design and make your own pieces of art
- take part in a range of extracurricular activities including Sports and Fitness, Cheerleading and Dance (with some public performances)
Method of Assessment
This course is assessed through a portfolio of evidence that you will create to show what you have achieved during your time on the course. This portfolio will be used so that you will gain the Edexcel Entry 1 Certificate in Personal Progress.
What will I be able to progress to?
The aim is for you to achieve skills, confidence and qualifications at Entry Level 1 which will enable you to progress to further study on Entry Level programmes or supported employment. You will receive support in planning your progression options after the course.