Level 2 Extended Certificate (BTEC)
Successful completion of a broad range of GCSEs or equivalent programme.
- English Language or Maths (minimum 3)
- One other relevant subject (minimum 3)
- A good school reference
Students on a Level 2 Diploma will also be studying towards Maths and/or English Level 2 qualifications if they have a grade 4 or below at GCSE. Students with grade 5 and above in both Maths and English will undertake the Higher Project Qualification alongside their vocational qualification.
What will I study?
The course will focus on:
- multimedia technology as a tool for success
- application development
- video editing
On the course you will:
- learn how different businesses use technology
- develop concept into real software
- create multimedia apps
- take part in a work experience placement
Method of assessment
You will be assessed internally by coursework and two externally-assessed online exams.
What will I be able to progress to?
Successful students can move on to an advanced IT programme, for example the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in IT this can lead to university or technology-related employment such as IT networking, management information systems or as a desktop technician.