IT Certificate/Extended Certificate (NQF)
Level 3 IT Certificate/Extended Certificate (NQF)
1 year for Certificate / 2 years for Diploma
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language and Mathematics (grade 9-5).
What will I study?
THE COURSE WILL FOCUS ON:
- Practical problem-solving in the digital world
- ICT systems: how they are managed and the impact of ICT
- Practical issues involved in the use of ICT in the digital world
ON THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Develop the understanding that technology is a tool, and how it improves everyone’s lives
- improve your research skills
- Enhance your ability to understand complex concepts
- Improve your problem-solving skills
Method of Assessment
58% of work is externally assessed, with the remaining 42% being internally assessed as coursework. One of the external assessments is project-based, making the course an excellent choice for students who lack confidence in written exams.
What will I be able to progress to?
A variety of options will be open to you after completing this subject, including further study at degree level and careers in business and IT Industries. Combined with mathematics and science, it will support applications for a number of computer-based university degrees
Students completing the two-year course will receive the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Information Technology. This equates to a full A level.
Students who complete the first year only will received the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Information Technology. This equates to an AS-Level.
A level Equivalent