Notice about how we use your personal information
We are the data controller of personal information about you. We are: Newham Sixth Form College. Our address is: Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, London, E13 8SG.
Our Data Protection Officer is Newham Partnership Working contact Heather Semmens. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer GDPR@newvic.ac.uk, 020 7540 6935].
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store any personally identifiable information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
1. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your visits to and use of this website;
(b) information about any transactions and/or communications carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any interest expressed in any of our courses or services;
(c) information that you provide to us;
2. Website visits
We may collect information about your device and your visits to this website such as your IP address, global position, browser, referral source, the length of your visit and the number of page views. We may use this information for reporting and to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including some areas of this one.
3. Using your personal data
(a) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(b) send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
(c) send you marketing communications about Newham sixth Form College which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other disclosures
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
(d) if we enter into a joint venture, your entity may be disclosed to our new partners or owners; and
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Newham Sixth Form College will retain users' information for a reasonable period or as long as is required.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights as the data subject
You are entitled to see the information held about, and you have the right to have data about you corrected to make sure data about you is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us email@example.com. We will provide the data within 30 days from the date your request is received, this is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes MarketingTeam@newvic.ac.uk at any time.
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
Our Data Protection Officer is Newham Partnership Working, firstname.lastname@example.org the College lead for data protection is Heather Semmens GDPR@newvic.ac.uk / 020 75406935. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact the College data protection lead.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information You are entitled to see the information held about, and you have the right to have data about you corrected to make sure data about you is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us mailto:GDPR@newvic.ac.uk. We will provide the data within 30 days from the date your request is received; this is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format.