Sports Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy is in essence a ‘leadership club’ designed to provide high quality training, regular support and development for students who are committed to sports volunteering or coaching within their college and / or a community setting, with a view to progressing to a career in sport.
Every member of the Leadership Academy is given the opportunity to attend the following courses:
- Generic Volunteer Training
- Emergency First Aid Training
- The Sports Coach UK Safeguarding & Protecting Children course
- The Sports Coach UK Inclusive Coaching course
- The Sports Leaders UK Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership
- A basic Officiating Award of their choice e.g. Basketball Table Officiating or Netball Beginner Umpires Award
- A National Governing Body Level 1 Coaching Qualification worth up to £200 in one of the following Sports: Badminton, Football, Basketball, Cricket, Athletics, Netball, Tennis, Rugby, Tennis, Boxing or Table Tennis.
The work opportunities through the Leadership Academy are vast. The Leadership Academy provides the opportunity for students to volunteer in a range of sporting clubs, schools and environments, performing a number of roles. In the past this has led to leaders being employed over school holiday programmes which for some of the leaders has led to full or part-time employment.